Study Room Policy
The Montvale Library has two Quiet Study Rooms available for patron use.
Reservations and any questions concerning the Quiet Study
Rooms are handled at the Reference Desk.
1. Except for water in a clear container, NO food or drink is permitted in the Quiet Study Rooms.
2. All tenets of The Montvale Free Public Library Code of Conduct hold true in the Quiet Study Rooms.
3. Occupancy of a Quiet Study Room is not to exceed 4 persons.
4. Patrons who use the Quiet Study Rooms must clean up after themselves.
5. Unless reserved, Quiet Study Rooms are available on a first come, first served basis.
6. The Quiet Study Rooms may be reserved only by the following:
Montvale residents (must provide Montvale library card number which will be verified by the reference librarian)
Montvale Library ESL tutors scheduling sessions with their students (tutor’s name must be listed in the Quiet Study Rooms reservation books)
7. The following conditions apply to reservations:
Quiet Study Rooms may not be reserved for more than 4 hours per day nor more than a total of 20 hours per week.
Patrons more than 15 minutes late will forfeit their reservations unless they call the Library.
Quiet Study Rooms must be reserved one day in advance.
8. A Montvale Library ESL tutor with student is entitled to use a Quiet Study Room even if s/he has not reserved a Quiet Study Room but is not permitted to displace a Montvale resident who has reserved the Quiet Study Room.
9. Non-residents will be required to give up a Quiet Study Room to a Montvale resident or Montvale Library ESL tutor with student even if the resident or tutor has not reserved the Quiet Study Room.
10. The Quiet Study Rooms may not be used for any business practice that the Library staff deems unacceptable.
11. The Montvale Library reserves the right to deny access to the Quiet Study Rooms at any time for any reason.
12. The Montvale Library reserves the right to evict or move any person(s) from the Quiet Study Rooms at any time for any reason.
13. The Montvale Library reserves the right to reserve the Quiet Study Rooms for Library purposes. A Library reservation supersedes any other use of the Quiet Study Rooms.
14. The Montvale Library assumes no responsibility for any personal item(s) lost in or stolen from the Quiet Study Rooms.