Quick and Easy Recipes
4-Ingredient Ravioli Lasagna
recipe provided by Dorothy Frischman
Ingredients (Serves 6 to 8)
2 25-oz jars of marinara sauce
2 30 oz packages frozen or fresh cheese ravioli (or spinach cheese ravioli)
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil (optional)
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sprays a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Spread half of a jar of marinara sauce evenly across the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Add 1 package of ravioli in an even layer over the sauce. Top with the rest of the half jar of marinara sauce. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese over the sauce. Add another lay of sauce, ravioli, sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
3. Spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Cover the dish with aluminum foil, sprayed side down. Bake the lasagna for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly. Remove pan from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Garnish with basil, if desired, and serve warm. Garlic bread is great on the side.
Note: You do not need to thaw or cook ravioli first. I used Rana cheese mini ravioli--family sized bag (fresh) with my own meat sauce and adjusted the cheeses as necessary. My smaller portion served 4 people. I also used a smaller casserole dish (8 x 8) so it would layer properly.
Egg Crepe (serves 1)
recipe provided by Dorothy Frischman
1 rounded tsp. Dijon mustard
1 pinch of salt & pepper
2 TBS. butter
1/4 cup creme fraiche (I substituted light sour cream)
A handful of shredded Gruyere or Comte or 2 deli slices of domestic Gruyere. (I substituted American Cheese)
2 thin slices of cooked ham
1. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, mustard, salt and pepper
2. In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat, swirling the pan to coat
3. When butter foams, add the eggs and let them settle for a few seconds (important!)
4. Gentle lift the skillet and begin swirling the eggs until they reach the edges of the pan
5. When the eggs begin to dry, remove the skillet from the heat. Spread gently with the crème fraiche or sour cream.
6. Arrange the cheese and ham down the center of the eggs.
7. Fold in the sides (like swaddling a doll), creating a cone shape.
Enjoy the best ever, easy egg crepe!
Note: You can scale back on calories by using 1 slice of a light cheese, 1 slice of ham, and light sour cream. Herbs can be added to the egg mixture. The mustard in the eggs is a "game changer".
The this recipe is from JoAnne, a retired Home Economics teacher and member of our Montvale Cookbook Supper Club, which she shared with the group last fall.
Vidalia Onion Dip
1 cup Vidalia Onions
1 cup Swiss Cheese
1 cup Mayonnaise
Mix together and place in an oven proof bowl. Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 30 minutes until edges are brown and bubbly.
and serve with your favorite crackers, baguette, etc.
Simply great as a comfort food appetizer. I made this twice for company (doubling the recipe) and not one drop was left
At our cookbook group various food writers are discussed and one such writer is Rozanne Gold, a fantastic food writer who once cooked for Mayor Ed Koch. She has written a series of books (some are still available on BCCLS) which are 3 ingredient recipes. She now hosts a food podcast "One Woman Kitchen" which features interviews with influencers in the food industry such as Lydia Bastianich.
Her 3 ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies are a favorite of mine. They are gluten free and turn out great every time.
Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Sugar
1 Extra Large Egg
With an electric mixer, combine the egg and sugar with a pinch of salt until smooth and well combined.
Then add the peanut butter. This will form a dough which you made into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Take approx 2 tsp of dough rolled into a ball and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Using the tines of a fork flatten each ball. You can sprinkle a little brown or white granulated sugar if you choose too as well(optional).
Bake for 10-11 minutes and let the cookies cool on the sheet.